Most of you guys know by now that I love to agree to crazy challenges, especially when I may not have the time to do them. Well, I’ve decided to take part in my first ever readathon, called the Iron Tome-A-Thon!
So, this readthon was created by Aimal over at Bookshelves and Paperbacks and is themed around the A Song of Ice and Fire series. For Aimal’s post on the event, click here; but basically from 1st July to 31st July participants have to read as many adult fantasy books as possible. Adult fantasy is one of my favourite genres, so you can see why this readathon appealed to me!
I highly recommend you check out Aimal’s post, as it does list more details of the event, which includes the points system and giveaway details. One thing I will briefly discuss here are the prompts, which are all inspired by location from the world of A Song of Ice And Fire. The prompts are as follows:
- Castle Black: To fulfil this prompt, you must read the group book which is The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang.
- Winterfell: You must read a book set (partially or fully) in a cold environment.
- King’s Landing: Read a book about or involving royalty, politics or government.
- Sunspear: Read a fantasy book inspired by a non-Western setting, or read a book by an author of colour or an indigenous author.
- Oldtown: To fulfil this prompt, you must read a book about or involving an institution of knowledge or training.
- Valyria: You must read a book about or involving dragons.
- Asshai: Read a dark/grimdark fantasy or urban fantasy.
Those are the prompts, which participants don’t have to do but could be used to complete the readathon. I’ll definitely be reading The Poppy War because its a book I’ve been meaning to read for quite some time. Other than that, I’ll try and complete at ;east some of these prompts.
The last thing I need to do is pick the house, I wish to support during Iron Tome-A-Thon. Naturally, I will be supporting the honourable and noble house Stark. No surprises there, to be honest!
And that is really all I have to say form the readathon, for the time being. I’ll probably give an update around 15th or 16th July, to let you know how I’m getting on and then a final post at the end of July or beginning of August. I may also tweet my progress on Twitter!
Once again, if you would like to take part, check out the post over on Bookshelves and Paperbacks. Also, let me know in the comments below if you are thinking of taking part.
I’ll talk to you guys soon!
Featured image came from Bookshelves and Paperbacks.