Now that it is the first day of December, I can now listen to Christmas music without feeling guilty that it is too early to do so. Last year, I created a Christmas playlist with some of my favourite Christmas songs; in this post, I’m going to be updating that list with some more songs to add some more Christmas magic.
If you dislike festive pop songs, you may want to give this post a miss- you have been warned!
- Merry Xmas Everyone performed by Slade. Its one of those songs everyone can sing along to, even if they are slightly drunk.
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday performed by Wizzard. As someone who loves Christmas, why wouldn’t I have this on my playlist? Plus, it winds up the Scrooches and Grinches.
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas performed by Michael Bublé. A slower song that’s all about what is special about Christmas. Perfect for anyone wanting to avoid the pop Christmas songs.
- It’s Christmas Time performed by Status Quo. An upbeat song about Christmas, that really gets stuck in your head.
- Do They Know It’s Christmas Time performed by Band Aid. I prefer the original over the Band Aid 20 version, but either way they put a little perspective on what other people are experiencing at Christmas.
- Underneath the Tree performed by Kelly Clarkson. An upbeat pop songabout love at Christmas that certainly puts me in a positive mood.
- Christmas Time (Don’t Let The Bells End) performed by The Darkness. A pessimistic song about Christmas, that my depressing inner teenager still likes to listen, on occasion.
- Once Upon A Christmas Song performed by Geraldine McQueen (Peter Kay). A parody song that lives up to its promise of getting stuck in your head, once you hear it and making you want to play it over and over again… and over and over…
- Fairytale of New York performed by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl. I just love this song, sure its not a happy song but its still entertaining to listen to!
- Step Into Christmas performed by Elton John. Who doesn’t enjoy an Elton John song?
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town performed by The Supremes, also the Michael Buble version. Another song that everyone seems to know the words to.
- Winter Wonderland performed by Michael Bublé. A classic Christmas song with a bit of a slower pace to it.
- Here Comes Santa Claus performed by Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans. Another classic song that most people know the worlds to and even if you don’t, it won’t take you long to sing along!
- All I Want For Christmas Is You performed by Maria Carey. I think this is a song you either love or hate. There’s a guy at work who cannot stand this song, but for me personally, I can’t help but to sing it out loud!
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas performed by Idina Menzel. A chilled out song to finish the playlist off.
And finally just like last year, my bonus song will be Christmas Is All Around performed by Billy Mack and mimed by Bill Nighy. However it only makes the playlist, if its the official music video that’s being added!
So there’s my selection of Christmas songs that I’ll be listening to over the next few weeks. Which Christmas songs do you enjoying listening, or singing along to? Let me know in the comments and I’ll talk to you soon!