With E3 over for another year, all that’s let is to wait for all those nice games to be released… or at least wait for the announcement that something has been delayed. There were a number of games this year that caught my eye, which means that the end of this year and the beginning of 2019 will probably see me part with my hard earned money!
What have I been reading?
I’ve read Circe by Madeline Miller, which is a modern retelling of the story of Circe, a sorceress from Ancient Greek myth. It was a solid read and one that kept giving me Gregory Maguire Wicked vibes, as both books take a well known antagonist and tell their story in a more positive light. I will warn you,there are graphic adult scenes that aren’t suitable for younger readers. Still, if you’re looking for something to read while waiting for the next Assassin’s Creed game, then this book will definitely get you in the mood!
I’ve now gone back to the Warhammer universe, with The legend of Sigmar by Graham McNeill.
What have I been playing?
I’ve only really been playing two games last week. The first was, unsurprisingly, Elder Scrolls Online. Although, to spice things up, I’ve been dabbling in the PvP area of Cyrodiil. Admittedly, this is mainly to acquire the skyshards for additional ability points, but I have also been helping the Aldmeri Dominion in the ongoing Three Banners war.
The second game that I started to play last week was Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, which for a PS Vita port, runs fairly well. The best thing is the game is way better than Assassin’s Creed III. Aveline is an interesting protagonist and the setting of New Orleans is different to the other locations I have visited before. At the moment, I am about half through the story, so I expect to finish the game by the end of this week.
What’s going on with the blog?
Like the week before, I wrote quite a few posts for the blog. So in case you missed any, here are all the posts for the past week:
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 11. A Game That Got You Through A Tough Time.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 12. A Game You Hope Gets The Virtual Reality Treatment.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 13. Favourite Video Game Villain.
- MMO Seasonal Event- Final Fantasy XIV: The Make It Rain Campaign.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 14. Game That Taught You Something.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 15. Game That You Enjoy Watching Others Play.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 16. Video Game Soundtrack You Could Listen To On Repeat.
- A Couple of Awards!
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 17. A Gaming Accomplishment I’m Proud Of.
- The Video Game World Cup 2018- My Pick.
The video game challenge continues this week, heading into the last ten topics. The posts for this week are as follows:
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 18. Favourite Sidekick/Pet/Companion.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 19. Game That You Started But Still Haven’t Finished.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 20. Favourite Controller or Peripheral.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 21. Oldest Game On My Backlog.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 22. Perfect Video Game Snack.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 23. Game World You Would Love To Explore One Day.
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge: Day 24. Favourite Indie Game.
I will also try to put a post up on Wednesday about the games I’m excited about from E3 and on Friday, I’m hoping put up a Recommended Reading post.
And that was my week! Let me know what you’ve been getting up to in the comments below and I’ll talk to you soon!