OK, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, I just wanted a clickbaity title for this post. In all honesty, last week, I was not feeling good and I spent most of the week with this viral thing that meant I spent of most of the week in bed. So in case you were wondering why I had gone quiet, I was mostly catatonic. The good news is I’m back to (almost) 100% health, the bad news is I have a lot of catching up to do with this blog and my gaming challenge.
What have I been reading?
Not a lot, to be honest. I couldn’t really stand the thought of reading too much, which tells you how sick I was! I did manage to read volume 2 and 3 of The Ancient Magus’ Bride, which were completely different in tone: volume 2 was all about action, while volume 3 was all about exposition. I’m interested how the anime will adapt the plot of volume 3 in a way that will keep it engaging and not feel like it is dragging.
I’ve also started reading Overlord, Volume 1: The Undead King by Kugane Maruyama, a light novel about a man who gets stuck in a fantasy world, when the MMO he played is taken offline. Yes, I know, I’m a bit of a sucker for these ‘stuck in a video game’ type of novels; I guess they are kind of like my book version of comfort food. I’m about two thirds of the way through and I’m loving it so far; there is a lot of exposition in the first half but otherwise it is a solid read.
What have I been playing?
Again, not a lot. Since I couldn’t even sit upright without feeling ill, I was in no position to play video games for much of the week. Over the weekend, I have been feeling better and I have managed to play a little bit of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, but not a lot. So this week, I’m really going to have to crack on with that game, if I have any of hope of completing the challenge!
What am I blogging about this week?
With the ongoing Harry Potter challenge, there are quite a few posts going out this week:
- Monday: Day 3 of the Harry Potter Challenge, which is about my favourite character of the series.
- Tuesday: Day 4 of the Harry Potter Challenge, where I’ll be talking about my favourite villain in the series. There will also be a MMO Seasonal event post about Final Fantasy XIV‘s most recent event, Little Ladies’ Day 2018.
- Wednesday: Day 5 of the Harry Potter Challenge, a post all about the saddest moment in the series for me.
- Thursday: Day 6 of the Harry Potter Challenge, where I’ll be talking about my favourite professor. There will also be a video game review on Assassin’s Creed 2, it is going up this time, I promise!
- Friday: Day 7 of the Harry Potter Challenge, which will be about my least favourite professor. Also, the Assassin’s Creed 2 review will be posted on the Upon Completion blog.
- Saturday: Day 8 of the Harry Potter Challenge, which is about my favourite subject at Hogwarts. The X-Men: The Animated Series post will also be posted.
- Sunday: Day 9 of the Harry Potter Challenge, where I will be talking about my least favourite subject taught at Hogwarts.
And that was my week! This update post is a little on the short, for which I apologise. Let me know what you guys have been getting up to and I’ll talk to you soon!