Back in January, I said I wanted to take part in more collaborative events, so when the blog Adventure Rules, posted about a Valentine event to share some blogging love, how could I not join in?
So what is this event all about? Each blogger that signed up was (secretly) given a blogger to write about and share what they love about the other blog. So in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, read on as I share some love for Hungry Goriya!
I have to admit, I hadn’t come across Hungry Goriya’s blog until the Secret Valentine event; which is a bit of a surprise, since its all about gaming and collecting retro video games. While I don’t collect retro video games myself, I get a weird enjoyment out of reading about the games that other people have managed to acquire; so you can probably tell that reading this blog for the past week has been right up my street.
Here are a few posts that I enjoyed reading from Hungry Goriya:
- Year-End Game Beatings. A post about all the beaten for the first or not-so-first time in 2017.
- Buying A Large Collection: A Retrospective. A personal look at buying a large collection of video games from an old friend.
- Ninfundo (I have a feeling I’ve used this title before…). OK, the reason why this post about recently purchased Nintendo games stood out to me, is mainly because I recognise quite a few of the games.
- Game Boy Games. I grew up more with the Game Boy Color, but I still love the Game Boy games shared in this post.
- The whole Hungry Goriya Used Acquire series of posts. Firstly there is just the sheer amount of games talked about but also there is a huge amount of nostalgia in these posts as well.
But its not just on WordPress that you can also find Hungry Gloria, there is also the Twitch and Youtube channels, which cover Let’s Plays and reviews. So there is plenty of retro video gaming goodness in whatever format you prefer. So, if you are like me and love video games, especially retro video games, then I suggest playing a visit to Hungry Goriya‘s blog as I believe you will have a blast reading it.
OK, I’m finishing this post off now, before anyone thinks I’m a creepy stalker.
Featured image came from letsgetmessy.co.uk.