A few people have kindly nominated me few for a few awards and I mus apologise to some of these bloggers for such a late response. So to rectify this, I’ll be responding to all the recent nominations in this one post. Let’s go!
The Perfectly Imperfect Tag.
Luna from GamersUnitedGG nominated me for this award. I’ve been following Luna’s blog for a while and we share a few similar interests, mainly gaming. There is such a great mixture of posts that I recommend that you go and check the blog out when you have a spare moment. Thank Luna for nominating me!
- Copy/paste the image of the tag in your post.
- Make sure to share a little blurb about the creator of the tag.
- Give a shout out to the person who nominated you.
- Talk about what your strengths are, and what you love about yourself. These can range from anything positive about you, or your future aspirations and goals.’
- Who/what are you inspired by, and how do you want to make a difference?
- What’s your advice to those that struggle to love themselves, and to those that doubt themselves?
- Lastly nominate as many bloggers as you would like (ranging from 1 to whichever amount you choose) and let them know that you nominated them.
The Creator of the Tag:
According to Luna, a blogger by the name of Aqsa created this tag. You can check out Aqsa’s blog here!
I’ll be honest, I’m not great at talking about myself, so this may be a little short. People say that I’m a good listener and I tend to be a person people will come and have rant to. I don’t mind this as everyone needs to let out their anger/frustration sometime. I also can look at a problem from different angles, some people say I can overthink things, but that might be why people talk to me about their problems. I’m also great at compartmentalising, which is great for the job I do!
Who inspired me?
There are three people that inspire me: my mum, my dad and my grandad. My mum has rheumatoid arthritis, a condition that causes immense pain and swelling in her joints, as her own body attacks her. Some days the pain can be really bad. She has been living with this condition for a long time but she has never let it stop her doing what she wants to do. When you live with someone one has this constant battle with her body, it really puts into perspective what is going on in your life. Then there is my dad, who taught me that its important to do what you want to do and it doesn’t matter what other people think.
Finally, my grandad who inspired my work ethic and the attitude of never letting things in life get you down. He instilled in me the importance of family, when he was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, her was more concerned about what was going to happen to the rest of his family than what was happening to him. Like my mum, to the day he died, her refused to allow the cancer to beat him. In fact, in the end it wasn’t the cancer but simply his heart just stopping, which I think just shows how damn stubborn he was- something else I picked up from him. These three people have always been a part of my life and their example is what I follow in my life, which seems to be working out for me!
Loving yourself and overcoming self doubt are some of the hardest things you can do. Trust me, I’ve been there. Its actually kind of hard to give advice, as saying ‘if you can’t love yourself, who can you love?’ is stupid and not entirely true. To overcome self doubt, its hard but sometimes you have to make a leap of faith, pardon the Assassin’s Creed pun. Its not something that will ever go away, but it can get easier, but you need to be brave enough to make that first step. As for loving yourself, I’ll be honest there is nothing anyone can say or do that can make you love yourself. Take a look at what is stopping you from loving yourself, find the root of it and see what you can do to change it. Like self-doubt this won’t be easy and its something only you can resolve.
That’s the end of the tag, I’ll be doing the nominations at the end of the post.
The Unique Blogger Award.
I was nominated for this award by Hundstrasse. Hundstrasse’s blog is all about video games, so if that something you enjoy reading about, click here to have a look. So thank you to Hundstrasse for taking the time to nominate me!
- Display the award.
- Thank the individual(s) who have nominated you and include a link to their blog. A little promotion for their blog is also welcome.
- Answer the questions asked by the individual who has nominated you.
- Nominate an arbitrary number of bloggers and have them answer three questions you put forth to them.
- Which game characters outfit do you wish that you could legitimately wear?
I answered a question similar to this one, for Later Levels’ Creative Christmas collaboration, so apologies for the repeated answer but I have to go with Evie Frye’s outfit from Assassin’s Creed Synidicate. It looks stylish but it is also practical as well.
2. You wake up one day and ARGH! You’re Luigi! … even worse, it’s Mario’s Birthday! What do you buy him as a present?
A fast mode of transportation, so he can get to Princess Peach faster, when she gets kidnapped by Bowser.
3. Grashelumping is a word I just made up, what does it mean?
Well, firstly grashelumping is a verb and it the action of lumping grashels together. I’ll be honest, I don’t know what grashels are, I’m imagining cute fluffy creatures so I don’t know why you would want to lump them together. But then people are strange like that.
Thank you once again to Hundstrasse for nominating me. I’ll be creating some questions at the end of the post.
The Liebster Award.
Once again, Luna from GamersUnitedGG Blog has taken the time to nominate me, a huge thank you to Luna!
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you , write about his blog too.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
- What’s your favourite thing to write about?
Anything that takes my interest but usually video games, books and anime. My favourite type of post that I write are the Top 5 Lists.
- What’s your favourite media to experience? (Book, video games, movies ect.)
This is a hard one. I think its a tie between books and video games. I can easily get lost in their created worlds for hours.
- If you had to live in a fictional world, which fictional world would it be?
I can only choose one?! Fine… I’ll go with the Kingdom Hearts ‘world’ because it means I can visit my favourite Disney locations, it will be better than going to Disneyland!
- Who is your all-time favourite character? Why?
Yuna from Final Fantasy X. She shows that female characters can be strong and independent but also still have a heart. Also she can summon aeons (giant monsters) and generally plays the support role in the team, which is my favourite party role.
- If you could have any power from a video game, movie, television show or book, what would it be? And why?
It would either be summoning aeons from Final Fantasy X, I want my own Ifrit! Or I would choose allomancy from the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, but only if I get to be a full Mistborn and get to use all the different types of allomancy. I think flying around using the power of metal would be fun!
- What is your favourite meal?
Stew. Any type of stew but it has to be with dumplings.
- What is your favourite comedy show or sketch?
This one is a little old now, but I’m going with the Vicar of Dibley. Sometimes you can’t go wrong with a classic.
- What is your name?
It’s Thero. 😉
…Oh you mean my real name, well you know heroes can never reveal their true identities…
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
What do you mean? African or European swallow?
OK, so now I have to give out some questions, which are:
- Would you rather be a tragic hero or a victorious villain?
- What would be your sidekick’s name be?
- What is your one weakness?
- What would your starting Pokemon be?
- There are four Hogwarts Houses, but if you could create a fifth house, what would it be called and what would its emblem be?
- What is your most prized possession?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the one place in the world you would wish to avoid going to?
- Has there a ever been a villain in a book/video game/Tv show/film or anime that you wished had won and why?
- If you were a superhero, what would your be?
As for nominations, I’m leaving this open to anyone who wants to take part in any of three awards/tags on this post. I would just like to thank Luna and Hundstrasse again for nominating. Talk to you guys soon!