On Saturday I went to my first ever Comic Con in London! As I’ve never been to a convention before I didn’t know what to expect, but I went away from the day loving every minute of it (and a purse that felt slightly lighter…). My highlights of the day were seeing the incredible cosplay costumes, being able to play a demo of Lego Jurassic World and being able to get a plush Happy from Fairy Tail!
Since this was my first convention, I have a learnt a number of things which will help me the next time I go. And in no particular order they are:
- Priority tickets are worth the price. The couple of hours you get allows you to scout out the place and gives you a chance to check out the more popular displays ahead of the crowd.
- Programme guides are vital. This should have been an obvious one, but we didn’t pick ours up until a couple hours into the convention, which means we missed out on some the panels and displays. Plus it had a really handy map.
- Be aware that some things will be incredibly popular. We were glad we had a go on the Lego Jurassic World demo when we did, as later on the area was packed.
- Some sellers sell the same thing. There were a lot of sellers selling items like Funko Pop figures, so make sure to shop around and get the best price.
- And finally, the convention centre gets really, really hot, so make sure you don’t dress for winter and bring/buy plenty of water.
I definitely would recommend going to Comic Con and I would certainly go again. If you missed the MCM Comic Con in London this time, it will be back in October so keep an eye on the website: http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/